Auckland live! Providing places and experiences of irresisible, enriching discovery - RFA Vision.
- To offer experiences to improve the cultural, environmental and social wellbeing of residents and visitors.
- To contribute to the economic wellbeing of businesses and residents.
- To operate as a successful business utilising sound business practice and commercial acumen to make sure Aucklanders receive value for investment in regional facilities.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
"Our venues and collections will be irresistible, enriching and accessible and we will grow the economy of the region, advance the social and cultural well-being for the people of the region and be the trusted stewards of the assets."
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT:
- Advancing the social and cultural wellbeing of Aucklanders
- Contributing to the growth of the Auckland economy
- Being trusted stewards of our venues and collections
- Maintain existing collections to world-class standards and develop future collections
- Nurture region-wide arts, cultural and heritage activities and organisations
- Encourage greater participation in cultural, heritage and arts activities
- Plan for and implement regionally identified projects/functions
- Act as a regional voice for arts, culture, heritage, leisure, sports and entertainment issues
- Grow the market for facilities through an events strategy developed in partnership with Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED)
- Advocate, co-ordinate and lead strategic thinking for investing in new collections and arts, culture heritage, leisure, sports and entertainment facilities for Auckland
- Develop, with a regional perspective, a range of fit-for-purpose arts, culture and heritage, leisure, sport, entertainment and events venues that are attractive to the residents and businesses of the region, and its visitors.