A spellbinding experience that is perfect for all ages.
ARBORIA is yours to discover. Adults and children alike will be moved to a sense of wonder in this incredible creation by Alan Parkinson of the world-renowned Architects of Air.
The newest Luminarium in the world arrives in Auckland.
ARBORIA and Luminaria have astounded over three million visitors across five continents over the past two decades. ARBORIA was built in 2015 and comes to Australasia for the first time after touring Germany, Switzerland and the UK.
Enter and be amazed.
Door sale tickets are available for all sessions of Arboria
Head to the ticket kiosk in Aotea Square. Please note that the online ticket allocation is now fully booked for the Auckland season of ARBORIA.
Entry to ARBORIA may exceed 120 minutes wait at peak times.
Entry will be limited to 20 minutes inside ARBORIA.
Families and age restrictions
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
There must be 1 adult to every 4 children
Children under the age of three may enter free of charge.
Auckland Live is thrilled that over 15,000 people have visited ARBORIA so far and we are expecting record numbers this week, especially for its final weekend this Saturday and Sunday.
With this in mind, we want to ensure that everyone who plans on attending gets to experience ARBORIA, so here is some important information to help you plan your visit:
- Door sale tickets are available from the ticket kiosk in Aotea Square. Please note that the online ticket allocation is now fully booked for the Auckland season of ARBORIA
- Please expect ARBORIA to be very busy; wait times may exceed 120 minutes
- Please be aware that your visit inside ARBORIA will be limited to twenty minutes maximum
- The ticketing kiosk in Aotea Square may close periodically throughout the weekend to relieve pressure on the queue
- Please use your door-sale ticket on the day you purchase it
- The latest time that people may be admitted to ARBORIA is 5pm on Saturday and Sunday, so please arrive with plenty of time to purchase tickets and join the entry queue
- Please be aware that should queues be excessive during the late afternoon, the ticketing kiosk will close early to ensure those who have already purchased their tickets can enter ARBORIA
- Auckland Live has free entertainment for families alongside ARBORIA – click here to find out about Square Kids
- The Imagination Playground has been a huge hit with children, and will be in Aotea Square from approximately 10am - 3pm during ARBORIA
- Visitors to ARBORIA receive 20% off food and beverages at BOX Cafe, Aotea Centre with their tickets (excludes alcohol, only valid on day of entry to ARBORIA)
- Remember to share your Luminarium moments with us with #ARBORIA and @aucklandlive
We look forward to seeing you at ARBORIA and we know you will love this fantastical world of colour and light.
ARBORIA for families
ARBORIA is the perfect school holiday activity, and Aotea Square will be packed with fun activities and free entertainment so your family can make a day of it in the city. Find out more about Square Kids free entertainment.
Pre-booked ticket holders
Please arrive about ten minutes prior to your booking time, but note that there may be a delay of up to 10-15 minutes during busy periods.
If you don’t manage to make your session time, your ticket will still be valid for the rest of that day - you can simply join the walk-up queue. If you are unable to make the day you have booked for, you will need to go to the ARBORIA ticket kiosk and have your unused ticket swapped for a new ‘Any Day’ ticket.
Shoes and prams
Shoes and prams are to be left in the ARBORIA reception. Auckland Live will endeavour to do everything we can to look after your possessions; however we are not responsible for any loss.
ARBORIA is accessible to wheelchairs and those with accessibility issues.
Tickets purchased for EXXOPOLIS are valid for ARBORIA and session times, dates, ticket prices all remain the same. A full refund will be offered for patrons who have purchased tickets to EXXOPOLIS who do not wish to attend ARBORIA.