From playing backyard cricket and building sandcastles, to ice cream and chocolate fish, Aotea Square will be transformed this holiday season as we play host to a series of giant LEGO® Christmas baubles - each capturing the ultimate Kiwi Christmas through the eyes of Kiwi tamariki.
Led by a global team of LEGO® brick artists and craftspeople including Ryan ‘The Brickman’ McNaught (LEGO® Masters), each of the four giant baubles will be decorated with intricate LEGO® bricks featuring all the amazing Kiwiana that epitomise Christmas in Aotearoa.
- There are 148 LEGO® decorations attached to the baubles
- 84 decorations were specifically built for New Zealand
- The smaller builds have an average of 275 bricks, the bigger builds an average of 1000 bricks and all together there are over 42,000 bricks used
- ‘Meri Kirihimete’ which is attached to the map of New Zealand has 5316 bricks
- The total hours for these builds is 551.50
LEGO® Christmas in the Square is a free family-friendly event running from Friday 9 to Monday 26 December, so gather your friends and whānau, explore and take a selfie with the giant baubles and come celebrate Christmas in the heart of the city with LEGO® New Zealand.
Auckland Live will also be bringing some extra Christmas cheer to Aotea Square with an action-packed programme of family friendly performances and experiences so stay tuned for more!
Proudly supported by Auckland Council and the city centre targeted rate.