Engineering the Future is a free, family event that promises something of interest for everyone, young and old.
It is part of the celebrations marking the 200th anniversary of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
Come along and see how civil engineering has transformed the way we live; find out how our buildings and infrastructure are planned, designed and built; and learn about the exciting range of careers that civil engineering offers. Take a look back in time at how the cityscape of Auckland has changed – and continues to change as our population expands.
- Get hands-on in Cardboard City, a creative space where visitors can help build a scale model city
- Have a look at the future of our city using virtual reality
- See how survey drones and new technology are changing the construction sector and the work engineers do
- Learn about the future of water treatment and diversion
- Compete in a rocket launch game
- Build the highest free-standing structure
- ….and more fun for the whole family!
Café 200 will be a series of talks in our coffee corner where you can come and listen to our featured speakers explain how civil engineers transform lives.
Winners of the ICE200 Schools' Competition (What will Auckland look like in 200 years?) will be announced!