Over thirty global design leaders are coming together in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland to speak at the AGI Open. This is the first time this international design conference is being hosted in the Southern Hemisphere.
The AGI Open is hosted by the Alliance Graphique Internationale (AGI), a not-for-profit organisation founded in 1952 whose focus is on connecting leaders of the global design industry, inspiring new practitioners, and giving back to communities.
The speakers at AGI Open’s two-day programme will include:
- Paula Scher – partner at Pentagram New York, established artist and subject of the Netflix series, ‘Abstract: The Art Of Design’.
- Kenya Hara – the respected curator, writer and design director of Japanese brand Muji.
- Lars Müller – publisher of more than 800 books, many exploring history and development of design, architecture, art, landscape architecture and urbanism.
- James Brown – Australian designer renowned for “art-chitecture”, including the hand-painted masterpiece, Motel Mexicola, in Bali, and the colourful Africola restaurant in Australia.
- Brian Collins, head of COLLINS, a global branding agency that works with Spotify, Robinhood, Twitch, Nike, Equinox and more.
- Paul Boudens – Belgian designer who works exclusively with avant-garde fashion brands, including Walter Van Beirendonck, Yohji Yamamoto, Dries Van Noten and Jurgi Persoons.
With curated talks and a satellite exhibition at Objectspace, this is a once-in-a-generation event.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to be inspired and dialogue with designers from across the globe.
More info and explore the full programme.