This special concert brings together some of New Zealand’s most celebrated musical talent to support the family of one of New Zealand’s best opera singers, Anna Leese.
Earlier this year, Anna, an acclaimed Kiwi soprano, gave birth to her first child with her husband Stefano Guidi. Tragically, just days before their new baby arrived, Stefano was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s disease, the most aggressive form of Motor Neurone Disease. Stefano has been given just two years to live.
The New Zealand musical community is raising money to enable the Guidi family to make the most of the time they have left together. Featuring friends of the couple and a host of New Zealand musical talent, this special fundraiser concert includes performances from some of the country’s most celebrated artists and ensembles, all of whom have generously donated their time. Confirmed performers so far include:
- Members of the cast of the New Zealand Opera production of Sweeney Todd
- Lexus Song Quest winner 2016 Benson Wilson
- Lexus Song Quest runners-up Filipe Manu and Madison Nonoa
- Pianist Stephen De Pledge
- Counter tenor Stephen Diaz
- Bass-baritone James Ioelu
- Soprano Patricia Wright
- Trio Tre-Belle
- Baritone Robert Tucker
- Tim Beveridge
- Helen Medlyn
- David Kelly
- The Freemasons New Zealand Opera Chorus
It promises to be a very special evening of music, in a very good cause.
Facilitated by New Zealand Opera, with the generous support of Auckland Live and Ticketmaster.