Celebrating 30 years of Sister City Relationship between Fukuoka and Auckland.
Be sure to join in on this special day as we relish in the many layers of the mature relationship between the two cities, through art, culture, education, live performances, displays and workshops; each door that connects our history to a boundless future. The event includes tea ceremony, origami and shodo, the programme is guaranteed to make for an exciting, engaging, inspiring and fun day!
Special guest Mirai Mizue will be joining us from Fukuoka, Japan. He is an innovative animation director, illustrator and designer who has been very active in international film festivals; and he will be showcasing The World of Mizue Mirai.
Another centerpiece component of the event will be the Sister City Art Exhibition; a stimulating display of talent featuring artists from Fukuoka and other regions.
- Sister City Art Exhibition
- Live Art
- Origami Workshop
- Shodo (Brush-and-Ink Calligraphy) Workshop
- Sado (Tea Ceremony) Demonstration
- Haiku and Shodo Competition Display
- Travel Information
- Food Stalls
- Animator Mirai Mizue will be collaborating live with a number of the onstage performances!
- Haere Mai Taiko (Taiko Drumming)
- Live Shodo (Brush-and-Ink Calligraphy)
- Shoutoku Mentaishi (Fukuoka Mascot) and Kids Dance*
For more information, visit Fukuoka Day - A taste of Japan 2016