He mataaho ki te ao whakaari
Whānau, feeds and fame
Whānau is integral to the way Māori perceive the world. It informs how Māori move, operate, think, and act. This iteration of M9 dives into the upbringing of our kiripuiaki - our actors - as they share their unique stories of life growing up and the realities of being creative in their respective communities. They will expand on how whānau, marae, hapū and iwi have inspired their journeys, chew the fat on the ups and downs of forging a path in acting, and why it is important that Māori remain visible agents of positive change on stage and screen.
- Ben Mitchell (Tainui, Ngaati Maahanga)
- Miriama McDowell (Ngāti Hine)
- Kura Forrester (Ngāti Porou)
- Te Kohe Tuhaka (Ngāi Tūhoe, Ngāti Porou)
- Miriama Smith (Te Arawa)
- Ngahuia Piripi (Te Rarawa, Ngāpuhi).
- Awhina-Rose Ashby (Ngāpuhi, Ngāti Hine)
- Edmund Eramiha (Ngāpuhi, Ngāi Tawake Ki Te Wāo Kū, Ngāti Hine)
- Julian Arahanga (Ngāti Rangi, Te Āti Haunui-ā-Pāpārangi)