You’ll find the Auckland Town Hall at 301 – 317 Queen Street, next to Aotea Square.
Auckland Town Hall | Hōro ā-Tāone o Tāmaki Makaurau
301 - 317 Queen Street, Auckland
09 309 2677Get Directions
- Visitor Information
- About the Venue
- Hire the Venue
Where are we?
Tickets and seating
The Auckland Town Hall Box Office is to the right of the main entrance (on Queen Street) as you come into the building. It opens 90 minutes before the start of performances.
Visit our Tickets and Seating page for more information.
Parking and transport
The Civic Car Park is a short distance from Aotea Square, Aotea Centre, The Civic and Auckland Town Hall, as well as other Aotea Arts Quarter venues, making it a great option for attending shows and events.
During standard hours, the first 2 hours of mobility parking are free with usual rates applied afterwards. After 6pm and on weekends, mobility parking is free. Take your mobility card and entry ticket to a pay machine, and press the help button. There are 20 mobility parking spots available, with locations as below:
- Level 1 opposite Aotea Centre entry doors - 5x spaces, numbers 244 -248
- Level 1 opposite Aotea Centre entry doors (next to the yellow booth) 4x spaces, numbers 207 - 210
- Level 1 Town Hall corner 1x large space, number 271
- Level 1 Sky Metro corner 5x spaces, numbers 9-13
- Level 2 Town Hall corner 2x spaces
- Level 3 Town Hall corner 3x spaces
Information to note:
- Vehicle height clearance is 2.08m
- The car park is underground, but well lit
- Lift access is available from Aotea Square to all levels
- There are 6 electric vehicle charge points, located on level 1
- For more information about the car park, visit the Auckland Transport website
It is important, however, to remember that sometimes all our venues are filled with events. Make sure you have a backup parking plan.
As of July 2021, paper tickets are no longer required at The Civic Carpark. When you drive in, your licence plate number will be scanned and the gate will open. Once you're ready to leave, you can pay by entering your licence plate number via the AT Park app (note, you may need to make payment prior to entering the underground area to remain in range of cell phone service). If you don't have the app, you can pay via a payment machine by inputing your licence plate number. Once your payment has been made, simply drive straight out.
Visit our Parking and Transport page for more information.
Eating and drinking
To ensure your time in our venues is spent with your friends & whānau and enjoying the show we are now cashless in all our bars, cafes and box office. Going cashless means, we can speed up our customer service and avoid patrons waiting in queues. Thank you for your ongoing support and feel free to contact us at email@example.com – if you require any further information.
There are many great eating options for a snack or a full meal near the Town Hall. When special events such as Auckland Live Summer in the Square are running, you can also take advantage of snacks and refreshments at The Terrace Cafe, and the Container in the Square Cafe.
Visit our Eating and Drinking page for more information.
Health and safety
- Smoking and the use of e-cigarettes in this venue are prohibited.
- Be assured, we follow the strictest hygiene standards and protocols as the health and wellbeing of our visitors and team are central to our welcome and manaakitanga.
- Cleaning of our venues, public bathrooms, and spaces remains a high priority and will take place regularly in line with our enhanced on-site hygiene and safety measures.
- If you would like to wear a mask while visiting us and attending an event or café in our venues, you are welcome to do so.
- We ask that you and your guests make a reasonable assessment of your health status before attending our venue or the event. If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home.
Drop Off Points
Directly outside the Auckland Town Hall on Queen Street, close to the main entrance.
All Auckland Live venues are wheelchair-accessible and have lifts and ramps to assist those who have difficulty with stairs.
Companion seats are available for those booking wheelchair spaces and guide dogs are welcome at our venues.
In Auckland Town Hall there is also a glass lift in the central atrium.
For every show, visually impaired patrons can call Ticketmaster at 09 970 9745 any time before 5 pm on the day of the show and they will make sure the front of house team is aware of your needs in advance.
Guide dogs are welcome.
Deaf and hard of hearing
Both the Great Hall and the Concert Chamber have hearing aid loops. To connect to the hearing loop, switch your hearing aids to ‘tele’.
Contact Ticketmaster at 09 970 9700 for advice on the best area to be seated in.
Visit our Accessibility page for more information.
We commission regular accessibility assessments of all our venues and events from Be. Lab, who have been our accessibility advisors since 2012.
Auckland Town Hall Virtual Tour
If you have lost something at one of our venues, please email LostProperty@aucklandlive.co.nz and tell us:
What did you lose?
Where did you lose it?
When did you lose it?
What event were you attending?
Anything else that might help us find your property.
Wherever possible, Auckland Live will contact potential owners to arrange collection of their property. Items of value are taken to the Central Police Station as soon as possible. Items of a general nature are retained for at least 2 weeks after each event. On a fortnightly basis, any remaining unclaimed items are donated to charity.
Once the Lost Property Team confirm that your item has been found, lost items may be collected in person during business hours (Monday – Friday, 8am to 6pm, except public holidays), or after hours by arrangement on a case-by-case basis, as outlined by the Lost Property Team. Alternatively, Auckland Live can arrange courier delivery of Lost Property to the owner at the owner's expense.
When items are collected, Auckland Live requires that a photo ID is presented. A copy of this ID will be retained for a period of six months in case of dispute, and will then be disposed of securely.
Auckland Live Cafés
Auckland Transport City Carpark Availability
For all public transport and carparking information, please visit Auckland Transport.
On at Auckland Town Hall | Hōro ā-Tāone o Tāmaki Makaurau
Be the first to know about live events in Auckland!