At the Civic Car Park: during standard hours, the first 2 hours of mobility parking are free with usual rates applied afterwards. After 6pm and on weekends, mobility parking is free. Take your mobility card and entry ticket to a pay machine, and press the help button. There are 20 mobility parking spots available, with locations as below:
- Level 1 opposite Aotea Centre entry doors - 5x spaces, numbers 244 -248
- Level 1 opposite Aotea Centre entry doors (next to the yellow booth) 4x spaces, numbers 207 - 210
- Level 1 Town Hall corner 1x large space, number 271
- Level 1 Sky Metro corner 5x spaces, numbers 9-13
- Level 2 Town Hall corner 2x spaces
- Level 3 Town Hall corner 3x spaces
Information to note:
- Vehicle height clearance is 2.08m
- The car park is underground, but well lit
- Lift access is available from Aotea Square to all levels
- There are 6 electric vehicle charge points, located on level 1
- For more information about the car park, visit the Auckland Transport website
It is important, however, to remember that sometimes all our venues are filled with events. Make sure you have a backup parking plan. Killarney St car park has 6 mobility spaces available. The Downtown carpark building has 19 mobility spaces available.
As of July 2021, paper tickets are no longer required at The Civic Carpark. When you drive in, your licence plate number will be scanned and the gate will open. Once you're ready to leave, you can pay by entering your licence plate number via the AT Park app (note, you may need to make payment prior to entering the underground area to remain in range of cell phone service). If you don't have the app, you can pay via a payment machine by inputing your licence plate number. Once your payment has been made, simply drive straight out.
Visit our Parking and Transport page for more information.